Most homeowners eventually wind up moving and with that comes the frustrating task of packing everything up for the next destination. It’s a chore no one wants to deal with until they absolutely have to, and procrastinating is no longer an option. For this reason, Junk Angel, an Orlando junk removal company, has come up seven tips that will make this process easier to handle and not seem so overwhelming.
- Get more than one estimate: Estimates given over the phone or Internet aren’t reliable; the best way to get a truly accurate estimate is when movers come to your home. It’s best to have a minimum of three estimates before choosing a mover to accurately pick a quality moving service.
- Don’t wait to pack: Procrastinating may only cause homeowners to haphazardly rush through their belongs and pack items that are no longer useful to them. The best way to remedy this is by packing a couple weeks ahead of your big move. It allows homeowners to take their time and carefully decide what should be kept, tossed, and donated. All the leftover items can be donated or taken care of by a local Orlando junk removal business like Junk Angel.
- Obtain enough packing materials: In order to pack up your valuables properly, you’ll need some essential materials for the job. Cardboard boxes, tape, and packing peanuts are crucial for homeowners wanting to protect their valuables for a big move.
- Organization is key: The best way to keep track of everything you’ve packed is by labeling each box and identifying which room it will go in upon arrival.
- Provide proper necessities for pets or plants: It’s important to give both your pets and your plants enough water and ensure they aren’t in uncomfortable climate conditions. In order to safely pack your plants, they should be in open boxes or containers while adequately packed on the sides.
- Have everything ready at the new location: Any rooms you may be planning on painting or thoroughly cleaned in the near future should be taken care of when the room is empty so you won’t have to deal with moving anything twice.
- Unpack by room: In order to avoid feeling like there’s just too much to unpack, go room by room and gradually set them up. Eventually, you’ll see how little is left and it won’t seem so overwhelming as you thought.
Packing up your entire home can seem daunting when you look at how much needs to be packed. But if you allow yourself enough time to separate what you need and what you’re throwing away, it can drastically cut down on time. Once you’ve separated everything, Junk Angel’s Orlando junk removal experts can have everything quickly packed away for you so you don’t have to. For all your junk removal needs, contact Junk Angel at 1-888-80ANGEL.