Having a bit of clutter and junk at home doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re a hoarder. Take this quiz to see whether you’re a standard packrat or might need help getting rid of that unneeded junk.
How clean do you tend to keep things?
- Every room in my house is completely organized.
- There are a few piles here and there, and I have several junk drawers.
- You don’t want to know! It’s been years since I’ve had people over.
Does clutter keep you from using the rooms in your house?
- No. I can use each room for its originally intended purpose without cleaning frantically.
- For the most part. There is one closet in my house that I can’t really open.
- I park my car in the driveway because my garage is full of boxes, old holiday decorations, and stacks of newspapers.
Do you find it difficult to throw things away?
- No. Trash is trash and gets taken out each week.
- Only items I have sentimental attachment to. I still have all my high school yearbooks and my collection of Beanie Babies.
- I find value in everything I bring into the house. None of it is junk or trash.
How often do you save items you know you won’t use again?
- Rarely. Why let stuff I won’t use take up space in my house?
- Sometimes. I still have the boxes for my electronics even though I don’t think I’ll move anytime soon.
- Often. You never know when a friend might need something, and I can help them out.
When do you make purchases?
- When I need to replace something or have saved up for a while.
- Sometimes, I go shopping to reward myself, but mostly just when I need to pick up a few things.
- I love shopping and pride myself on finding great deals even on mundane things like toilet paper.
Mostly 1s: Congratulations! Your home is clean and free of extra clutter and junk. Can we live with you?
Mostly 2s: You’re a packrat that could probably benefit from junk removal in Orlando, but a bit of clutter and a disorganized closet don’t qualify as hoarding.
Mostly 3s: Collecting and buying items just because you might use them someday might be a sign of a hoarding problem. Reach out for help and try to figure out just what drives your collecting habit. When you’re ready, contact the experts at Junk Angel and let our licensed and insured professionals help you get rid of the unusable items taking up space in your home. Call 1-888-80ANGEL to schedule a free estimate with our dedicated team.